Monday 1 May 2017

Visitor's Diary: LTC Logistics-1


Ramesh Kumar


Not everyday one steps out in searing May heat for a long drive - multimodal, at that: DTC bus, DMRC Metro, Fortuner & Uber. But when 49-yo Inder Pal Laul of LTC Logistics spares some time for a chit chat over home veggie food in his new premises, the ride from Mehrauli to Sikri, between Palwal and Ballabgarh, I decided to avail of this opportunity on the languid May Day.

How long do I know this 250-odd genuine transporter - meaning, fleet owning and not playing the "attachment" game of the big Gurgaon boys (both publicly listed and unlisted)? As long as I have been chasing trucks on Indian Highways. Keep bumping into him at transport/logistics award functions -our common territory. Also keep chatting on social media. A few times, did attend road safety activities at his erstwhile Faridabad den. By the way, he is also the Senior Vice President Faridabad Transporters Association among other things.

He is not the type of foreign educated, stylish English spouting transport czars scattered across NCR. Inder is down to earth. Punjabi munda. What's there in a name, wonder? I too. So, what's LTC?  What's the history or geography? Anand Lakhani, a long time senior executive (General Manager, right?) with this company, subtly goaded me to visit his website. I did. You too, if curious.

Two solid hours, it took me to land in the lap of Laul empire. What did I see and what did I learn? Plenty.

After all, am a firm believer - rather an astute practitioner of L-Cube. What's that? Life Long Learning.

Interested in knowing my gleanings? Follow me over the next few days as I script this Laul legacy in easily digestible tiny slices.

Ciao!

1 comment: